The Flame Chub Manuscript Is Finally Resubmitted
I swear I've been having anxiety dreams this week about various manuscripts hanging over me. So, the path of least resistance was to work on one and get it back out. I just resubmitted my flame chub manuscript to Endangered Species Research now that I think the map is presentable. The whole email package went to an editor whose day job is at Carleton College in Ottawa, Canada. I last corresponded with him at the end of January, so it was time(!). The one loose thread as I see it is how exactly the map will be linked and edited. Kris tells me that we can move it off his web site in .htm format so we won't give away the code for creating our own interactive Google Map, which in truth you have to see to believe; there's no way I could have put together the MYSQL, JAVA, PHP, etc. So, as usual, I hope they like it!
We didn't go out to Limestone Creek today after all. Andrew is sick, and I realized that we have our year-long monthly collections of scarlets going back to last October. We'll leave those scarlet shiners alone at least until the spring.
In two weeks the Southeastern Fishes Council (SFC) is meeting at Guntersville, AL, not even 40 miles east of here. The more I think about it, the more I've gotta go. The complicating factor is that our department is holding its annual retreat that weekend at a state park near town. How can I be in two places at once? We'll see.