Sunday, April 23, 2006

Not Just Another Egomaniac Blogger... I Hope!

I've started this blog (I still don't like that term) to present ideas and research relevant to the native fishes of Alabama, USA. Much of this is utterly obscure to the general public, and I don't think it has to be that way.

My current primary interests are: 1) the distribution of the flame chub, Hemitremia flammea, in north Alabama; 2) reproductive ecology and physiology of the black darter, Etheostoma duryi, in north Alabama; and 3) reproductive ecology and physiology of the scarlet shiner, Lythrurus fasciolaris, also in north Alabama. I hope to discuss these projects as works in progress. The flame chub project is conservation biology, so it ties into broader issues of land use, politics and general attitude.

This kind of work should be part of social discourse, in my humble opinion. So I offer this to the great amorphous blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home