Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shots For Panama

I got two vaccines for Panama today, typhoid and hepatitis A. Since I'm not going to the eastern part of the country near the Colombian border I shouldn't need either malaria or yellow fever shots. I'd love to see that area, Darien, but it's a little wild and lawless for my immediate needs. Hanging out with Colombian FARC guerrillas doing their R&R in that region is not what I need at the moment.

Someone wrote an unusually stupid letter to the editor at the Huntsville Times a few days ago. She objected to the recent cover story about efforts to preserve the Spring Pygmy Sunfish, saying that any resources used in that effort should instead be used to stop abortion(!). I don't have much use for right-to-lifers under the best of circumstances, but this takes the cake for d-u-m dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home