Friday, August 18, 2006

Hey, Wanna Do Some Freshwater Fish Research?

This is my first offer, which I'll follow up with more in-depth propaganda. If you or anyone you know wants to do a Master's of Science in Biology with a research project involving North American native freshwater fishes, please contact me. This would be in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, in the Tennessee Valley. One would need an undergraduate degree, of course, preferably in the sciences but that can be finessed. I could offer support of a stipend with tuition remission for working as a Teaching Assistant, probably in our freshman biology courses. I have a number of ideas for research projects, any of which could be done in a two year period I hope. Our department is moving to a brand new science building in a year, so our facilities should be posh on the scale of things and, even better, I'll have a new improved lab. Feel free to call me at 256-824-6992.

In this quiet week before school starts next Wednesday I've rewritten my manuscript on burrhead and silverstripe shiner reproduction. It's shorter, tighter and all around better, I hope. Before I submit it to Southeastern Naturalist a colleague who's a plant ecologist has offered to read it to catch any glaring glitches and misstatements. Then, off it goes. It's almost enough to make me pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home