Friday, January 19, 2007

Burrhead & Silverstripe Shiner Manuscript Accepted By Southeastern Naturalist, Alright!

I heard back from an editor at the journal Southeastern Naturalist today, and they've provisionally accepted our manuscript on the reproductive biology of burrhead and silverstripe shiners. It's a huge relief, and also, of course, very happy(!). I have to do some editorial work on the manuscript to satisfy the three reviewers, especially on my statistical analysis of what we found about reproductive effort. But that's good, I admit that my treatment didn't closely follow earlier work and will in all likelihood be improved by the reviewers' suggestions. I started this project three years ago, so finally putting it to bed is a serious sense of accomplishment. I'd like to thank my co-authors Kevin Butler, Amy Woodall and Bob Muller for their work on this project. I'm also happy to publish in Southeastern Naturalist, the home of a wide range of ol' fashioned field ecology research around the former Confederacy (and I just renewed my subscription).

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That's great! I flipped through an issue of that journal in your office last semester and it had some really interesting articles. I'd like to read the article when it's published!

Hope you're enjoying teaching zoology. When are you going to teach ichthyology and limnology? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home