Friday, December 15, 2006

I Might Get A Donated 4WD Truck

From a conversation I accidentally had last week, I might be able to receive the donation of a 4WD Dakota truck from a local dealership. It's a 1994 and probably only valuable to wholesalers, but for me it could be the exact right thing. The university is willing to put state tags on it and insure it, but the Biology Department (especially me) would be responsible for maintaining it. I'm ready! The sales manager at this dealership is for it, they just have to get the OK of the owner who wasn't in today. I don't even know what color the truck is(!!!). If this deal comes through I should be able to pull off monthly trips to the Walls of Jericho with few problems.

Next time I hope to be able to post our latest round of scarlet shiner brain measurements. Enrique has been measuring different brain regions of about 20 shiners so that we can hopefully pinpoint which brain structures vary in size, especially between males and females. We're using a volumetric algorithm based on length, width and depth of structures. He says he has the data but I haven't received the spreadsheets yet. It should be interesting (or have I already said that?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home