Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Coupla More Flame Chub Sites I Have To Visit

By going to the ASIH meeting in St. Louis two weeks ago I've found more information about flame chubs in north 'bama. Mike Retzer at the Illinois Natural History Survey was kind enough to send me a copy of the 11 flame chub holdings in the INHS collection, including the only flame chub record I've found for Franklin County, Alabama. I also heard from Bernie K at the University of Alabama Ichthyology Collection that there is good reason to think that flame chubs are still in Choccolocco Creek outside Anniston, AL, in Calhoun County so I've got to go down there and check it out. I also hope to go to Franklin County if I can fully decipher the location for the INHS site (no GPS coordinates for a 1970's collection). So, on to the road trips!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home