Friday, October 05, 2007

Galley Proofs For The Burrhead/Silverstripe Shiner Article

I received the .pdf file for the galley proofs of my article on burrhead and silverstripe shiners in Southeastern Naturalist on Wednesday. It was gratifying to see all of that material in journal page format. It runs to 12 pages, which is more than I had thought. My editor Todd and I found some errors and problems with it, but nothing serious. I arranged today for the department to pick up my $780 page charges; 12 pages @$65. I hope it will appear in print at the end of this year, or in the first issue of next year. In twelve pages is 3.5 years of my life, so like I said it's a thrill to see it.

Tomorrow we're off to Anniston, AL, looking for flame chubs in their historic range. I'm aiming for one site on Choccoloco Creek. That'll take the whole day getting there and back. At least the drought is still going, so we should find low water levels.

1 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That really is exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home