Monday, October 29, 2007

The Society for Neuroscience Meeting Is Later This Week

The SfN meeting is in San Diego beginning later this week, apparently come wildfire or high water. We're displaying a poster of our work on scarlet shiners, or more precisely, Enrique and Jennifer's work that, respectively, documents sexual dimorphism of brain size and the strong correlation (causation?) between 11-KT and the intensity of male coloration. The poster will be displayed at 3 on Sunday afternoon (I think), if you're wandering through the SfN meeting. Amy Bishop and Enrique will be standing by it. Next week I hope to post a copy of the poster on this site, since it was assembled using PowerPoint and saved as a .jpg file.

Tomorrow I'll spend most of the day helping with a mussel survey in a stretch of creek south of Huntsville. This creek is so muddy and lazy I suspect that we won't find lots of mussels, but you never know. Dewey and his crew will do at least some SCUBA work, along with some snorkeling in shallower stretches of the creek. We'll probably do somewhere between 6 and 12 transects across the creek from top to bottom. The weather should be good, with a high of about 70 F and clear sunny skies.

And I hope everyone is happy that the Red Sox won the Series, I know I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home