Sunday, December 02, 2007

More Moving, And Now I Have To Give Final Exams!

I've been moving my junk at a steady clip to the new lab. I now have two of my three lab computers set up, logged in to the new network, and working with a digital microscope. I think I've more or less figured out what to do with the few fish I have until I construct my massive fish rack.

This week we'll move the teaching labs, which means my big burn is to make sure stuff is packed and ready to go by Thursday, probably. The freshman lab is well on its way, and I think the Vertebrate Zoology lab is about ready. This is all complicated by the fact that the week after this I've been trapped for jury duty. In Alabama the rule is apparently to take jurors to serve a solid week. I was spoiled by the Massachusetts system, in which you're called every other year and if you're not part of a trial by lunch they let you go. I have some cynical thoughts on the difference which I'll keep to myself.

This week I'll also be giving and grading four final exams, including one for a colleague who's husband just had to schedule a Mexico vacation this week. She owes me big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home