Sunday, June 08, 2008

I Submitted My Flame Chubs Article

It's true, I finally submitted it, but I didn't entirely mean to. I sent the 11 pages of text without maps or tables to the editor of the journal Endangered Species Research to ask him if the article looked at all like anything they'd like, and he sent it on to their freshwater fishes editor. So we'll see. Hopefully they won't think I'm retarded or anything; before I make a push to produce maps to support our story I want to see what the journal thinks. This is an article I'd like to get out since we finished most of the work by the end of 2006. I know it's a good story; the species was found in 18 of 53 historic sites, so I'd say that something is affecting the fish and it's disappearing.

This Friday we return to the Tallapoosa system looking for stippled studfish in several streams. With this trip we should wrap up all of the historic sites on my list, except for the river sites that we can't reach. From there it should be largely a matter of running DNA samples and interpreting what if any pattern we find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home