Monday, July 21, 2008

Maybe Another Cleburne County Trip

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'm thinking about another trip to Cleburne County in search of stippled studfish. This trip would visit the easternmost edge of the county, along the Georgia line where the Tallapoosa River enters Alabama. I have no reason to expect to find the fish in this area to the NE of where we went 10 days ago, but it would enable me to say with greater confidence that the species is not to be found in this area, if it ever was, reinforcing the idea that the species apparently is limited to six creek systems. I might even try to put together a trip next Tuesday. At least I'm not going today, seeing how the temperature in Huntsville is about 100 degrees F. right now(!).

I've been having dreams about writing a paper on our telescope shiner findings, so I should really do it. The paper will have three figures and maybe one table, so all I have to do is come up with text connecting this graphic information. Soon, I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home