Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Change On The Bifax Project?

I heard today from Steve Rider, who's an Alabama state biologist with the Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries. He's been working on, and preparing to do more with, the question of the status in Alabama of the stippled studfish, Fundulus bifax. I told him I'd be happy to pool our results, and I guess maybe go out with them to some sites. They're planning follow-ups to some 2004 site visits, based in part on data given him by the late Malcolm Pierson. So that's good since I want to get our results out and firm up what we know about the species.

We went out to Estill Fork on Saturday and I've been trying to get pictures off of my new cell phone. But it hasn't worked out yet... For a switch we found tons of scarlet shiners, mostly young, and few telescope shiners. The drift net went well too, which of course is fairly easy.

Andrew shows a poster of his summer work this Friday 2-4 in our building as part of a show by all of the REU students. It should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home