Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thanks To Andrea Simkova

I heard back from Andrea Simkova today. He sent me not only a .pdf of the paper I requested, but three others too related to Dactylogyrus gill flukes on European cyprinid fishes. Now all I have to do is sit down and read them. It struck me that this is yet another example of the Internet changing scientific practice; fifteen years ago I would have mailed a postcard to him in Brno, Czech Republic, requesting the article and he would have mailed me some form of copy that would have arrived several weeks later at some expense to him. This is much better, ain't no doubt.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Timothee said...

Andrea is actually a "she", by the way (I can tell for sure, I spend several monthes in her lab)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home