Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Have The Telescope Shiner Article .pdf

Our article in the April 2010 American Midland Naturalist is now out. It's "Reproductive Timing of the Telescope Shiner, Notropis telescopus, in Alabama, USA", by Brittany Holmes, Lindsay Whittington, Loren Marino, Andrew Adrian, and Bruce Stallsmith, Vol. 163, No. 2, pg(s) 326–334. And now I have a .pdf of the final version. If you'd like a copy, send me a request at stallsb at uah dot edu.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to redo the black darter reproductive biology research next year. This time we'll do it through just looking at gonadal condition and counting and measuring oocytes, without the maddog histology of the original effort. Looking at gill parasites would be fun, too, hopefully one or more students are up for undertaking one or both of these projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home