Monday, June 14, 2010

So Much For Easy Bifax DNA Sequences

The cleaned PCR products I gave to IXG had no DNA when they examined the product, and the raw PCR products I brought to them this afternoon had no DNA either. I don't know what we did, but we allowed the DNA that I know was there (I have pictures! Really!) to degrade. So, tomorrow I hope to bring by our DNA extractions and let them run PCR and hopefully sequencing as they offered to do. Needless to say, we have to rethink what we're doing with DNA projects or just hire someone else to do it (which I don't really have the money for). In this case it's fairly easy, we have a total of 37 DNA samples from various fish, most Fundulus bifax.

Meanwhile, I have to finish the presentation I'm giving to the ASIH meeting in Providence about gill parasite infections in telescope shiners. This involves minor edits of the presentation Andrew gave to the Honors state finals. It should be easy (I hope!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home