Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Truck Is Finally Back...

I spent an ungodly amount of money having my engine rebuilt, and the dealership gave it back to me wrong and had to fix it today after some nasty exchanges (I hate that), but it drives almost as good as new. This means I'm much less worried about having a breakdown at some obscure place like Estill Fork.

And last night I gave the year's first seminar talk for the campus Students for Free Thought, Logic and Reason group. It was titled, "Darwin's Friends and Family", focusing on the shared experiences and mutual support of Darwin, Joseph Hooker, Thomas Huxley and Alfred Russel Wallace as biology shook off the influence of the established Church in Britain in the late 1800s. I had a good time, I got to combine my interest in history with the basis of biological thought. Even better, I got to use the word "pettifogging" in my presentation, the first I've done that for a while. Darwin's my main man.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Andrew Adrian said...

Glad to see the Taliban Tacoma is back in shape!
Pity I couldn't have been around for your presentation, but kudos for doing one for SFLR! It's also encouraging to hear that they're still in action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home