Sunday, January 27, 2008

A .pdf Copy Of My Southeastern Naturalist Article

Actually, I'm not posting the article here, but I've posted it on the NANFA Forum site at this url:

http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php?showtopic=3761

I had to ask Todd in Toledo, OH, to get me a copy since Southeastern Naturalist posts digital copies of the journal via the BioOne site. Unfortunately, UAH doesn't subscribe to this so I asked Todd to get it through his school, the University of Toledo.

We went out to Limestone Creek again on Friday to collect more juvenile scarlet shiners. James and Paul were game for the freezing air temperature and 3 deg. C water temperature. We caught the 20+ that I wanted, but I think they've almost all died. I stupidly realize now that taking them out of the water with air temperature right at freezing may have frozen their gill tissues just enough so that they were fatally damaged. But we might still have just enough living juveniles to start our 11KT treatment, maybe with only 5 individuals in each treatment tank. I hope to get Paul trying his hand with brain dissections of juvenile scarlets this week, so that we have data on brain size of fish at the time of capture to (hopefully) compare to our treatment results down the line. It'll be tough, we're talking about a 30 mm fish here with a brain not much thicker than a pencil lead.

Tomorrow I serve as a judge at a science fair at the local Westminster Christian Academy. It'll be my first gig doing this off-campus. I have no idea exactly what to expect; I certainly hope to be pleasantly surprised.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home