Friday, February 08, 2008

Good News From Birmingham Audubon

I've learned that I've won a research grant from the Walter F. Coxe Fund of Birmingham Audubon. They decided to fund most of my proposal to study the distribution status and population structure of the stippled studfish, Fundulus bifax. This is a huge relief, and I'm grateful to the review committee for seeing merit in my proposal. Now I have the financial resources to pull off all of the lab work: extracting DNA, amplifying the DNA via PCR and sequencing the PCR product. I hope to do the next field trip to Tallapoosa county on Saturday, March 1, weather permitting.

Also, be on the look out for a new NANFA t-shirt. Casper Cox is designing one that'll have a full color rainbow darter on the front. I mean, how often do you come across a high quality t-shirt with a rainbow darter on it?!? It will cost $20, plus $5 shipping, and will hopefully be available in the next month or two.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Andrew Adrian said...

Congrats!
Now we can do real science!

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's pretty exciting.

I think I'll have to get one of those shirts, I love rainbow darters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home