Monday, March 24, 2008

A Call From Nick Sharp

I got a call from Nick Sharp this afternoon from his office at the State Lands Division office in Montgomery. One of the private landowners along the road in to the Walls of Jericho had complained about "college students" driving on to his property and camping. To do this one would need to have the key to the several locked gates along this road, and I still have one in my possession. But like I told Nick, it wasn't me. He didn't really think it was, but a very short list of people have this key. So I told him I'd mail him my copy while we're both thinking about it. He also mentioned that the state has received title to a parcel of land downstream along Hurricane Creek from the Walls. I offered to do a stream survey this summer, and he was agreeable.

Everyone will be happy to hear that my new 20-gal aquarium holds water. Another week or so and I can move the surviving adult scarlet shiners in to it.
It's not really about fish, but below is a photo from last week in Harpers Ferry, WV. I keep going back every several years to the restored Provost's office to surrender; several of my ancestors surrendered there in May, 1865, at the end of the late War Between the States. I guess I only need one set of parole papers...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home