Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New, Improved PCR; Really.

Travis has achieved an impressive 7 for 7 in the PCR amplification of stippled studfish DNA. Below is the most recent run, seven lanes on the left of studfish DNA and a DNA ladder on the right. In about the middle of the gel vertically is the 7 amplifications, all of them about 850 base pairs of DNA. It's a simple enough process at this point, but I'm glad we're getting consistent product with our new reagents. (I'll try to avoid posting more gel photos, it's certainly been overdone...)
In the egomaniac department, I noticed that someone started a wikipedia entry for me. I'm honored; I'll have to link it to the UAH entry.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Andrew Adrian said...

Nice! That's some great progress.

And Wikipedia let me keep your article since you were the president of NANFA. Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home