Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Tuscaloosa Trip Tomorrow

I'm driving to Tuscaloosa tomorrow morning after my morning class to hand-deliver our purified DNA amplifications from the stippled studfish project. The U. Alabama Biology Department's DNA lab has agreed to do the sequencing, thanks to Phil Harris, so away we go. I no longer trust the "overnight" services after a few bad experiences, and with all of the work we've gone through in collecting the fish, and doing the lab work, I feel it's worth it to extend myself a little more.

An hour ago I uploaded my PowerPoint talk for the Association of Southeastern Biologists meeting later this week in Birmingham. My talk, "Reproductive Biology of the Telescope Shiner, Notropis telescopus, in Alabama" is at 9:15 Friday morning, part of the (single) Herpetology & Ichthyology session. Ruth and I are driving down to B'ham Thursday afternoon to stay overnight at the Birmingham Sheraton, so I'll be in easy position for the meeting talk. My Friday morning intro biology course is canceled, needless to say. It should be fun, I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home