Thursday, May 21, 2009

South Chickamauga Creek Before The Spill, And A Manuscript Number

I took lots of pictures of last Saturday's trip to South Chickamauga Creek in Chattanooga, but of course I didn't take any with me in them. So to complete the story, this photo has me in the middle waving the net (which was lost when I took a spill about 15 minutes later). In this seine set we're sampling in an area of the creek that's not quite high risk; just behind where we're working in the photo the current was a lot faster, and the creek bottom made up of uneven rocks rather than sand. Others in the photo, l to r, are Alejandro, Casper, (me), Khudgins and Dave Neely. The picture was taken, I think, by Betsy "Mrs. Ranger Bob" Culler.

And I heard from the editor of the Journal of Fish Biology today, with a manuscript number for the black darter article. It's a reassuring sign when an editor doesn't reject your submission out of hand (which happened to me in grad school, talk about ego crushing!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home