Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Black Darter Article Almost Ready To Go; Really!

After 16 months of poking at it, the black darter article is just about ready to go. I've formatted the figures, tables and photos as instructed, in separate files, and used Imperial English in the text (colour vs. color, etc.). I'm going to read it one more time tonight or tomorrow, and hopefully email the whole mess to the editors at the Journal of Fish Biology Thursday or Friday. The worst they can do is to reject it.

I might go out first thing Thursday to look for juvenile mudpuppies near a lake in town. A woman called and is concerned that these juveniles are in a ditch almost a mile from the lake, and the ditch will dry out once the rains die down. She doesn't want to put them in the lake since people fish there, but of course that has to be where the parents are from. Once I get them, if I do, I might put them in that lake anyway. Or should I do anything at all? It's not an endangered species locally, so it might be better to let the mudpuppies figure it out. I'm sure that their ancestors survived worst crises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home