Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Stopped Raining, Back To The Creeks!

I had to cancel another trip to Limestone Creek yesterday when I realized that we'd received well over an inch of rain on Sunday. Hopefully we can get there, once and for all, next Monday. Tomorrow we'll go out to Estill Fork which is far enough up the system that it should be mostly drained from Sunday's severe weather. And on Friday I hope to go with Stan Sung and Tom Ganley to Hillabee Creek in Tallapoosa County for a viewing of stippled studfish, etc. Meanwhile, final exams begin on Thursday and will be done for me next Tuesday. That last exam is the Vertebrate Zoology final which will take more work to read and grade.

Much of yesterday I spent working on the black darter article. This involved formatting it for submission to the Journal of Fish Biology which has very exacting format requirements (I rarely use the word "colour"). The one last hurdle now is to re-format all of the photos and figures into high-resolution formats, TIFF with LWZ compression for the photos and EPS for the figures. Since I have Photoshop it's not all that hard, I just have to guess(?) correctly for the right image size. The publisher has some very nice explanatory documentation but it's still ambiguous at key points. The worst the editor could do would be to say "no", and then I resubmit it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home