Thursday, April 02, 2009

Goin' To ASB Today

I'll teach my classes today, and leave for the ASB meeting in Birmingham this afternoon. My talk (all 15 minutes of it) on the reproductive biology of telescope shiners is scheduled for 9:15 tomorrow morning. One important question is what to wear during the talk; I'll go with a the NANFA shirt from the North Carolina convention with a nesting male bluehead chub on the front, I guess that's my version of colors at this point (maybe it should have a 1% patch on the front?). I'll miss being a judge at the state science fair tomorrow, which is hosted by UAH. Kris will lead a small team of judges in the animal biology section in my place.

The Enrique thesis is currently distilled down to 22 pages including an unedited Discussion. I hope to give the current version to Amy to read for anything I screwed up in the Methods section, especially, since I'm not an ace with Western blots or their interpretation. The Results section was surprisingly good, just two pockets where I eliminated blocks of two or three paragraphs that basically repeated text from the Methods section. We have five figures, which I think is the absolute highest number we can go with. That might be our toughest editorial decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home