Monday, April 06, 2009

A Few Quick Thoughts

I noticed some things at the ASB meeting in Birmingham that I'm still cogitating about. The first, relatively trivial, is no meeting t-shirt; I'll admit that I'm a sucker for meeting shirts. Maybe linked to this is the observation that people were unusually well-dressed at the meeting, with a surprising number of guys wearing ties (not me...). And I didn't notice any obvious reporters at the E.O. Wilson speech, although I could well be wrong about that. I still have the old Yippie idea that all press is good press, and as biologists we certainly have to keep beating the drum about the growing biodiversity crisis.

Tomorrow is Convocation Day at UAH, with various honors bestowed on various faculty and students. Brittany will receive recognition as the top undergraduate student in the College of Science. She certainly deserves it, and I'm happy for any and all reflected glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home