Monday, July 06, 2009

The Telescope Shiner Manuscript Is Accepted

I just heard from the administrative assistant at the journal American Midland Naturalist that they've accepted our manuscript, "Reproductive Timing of the Telescope Shiner, Notropis telescopus, in Alabama, USA". Andrew and I still have to rework some of the figures but I hope we can do that this week. I'm amazed at their fast decision, I know they received the revised manuscript only last Wednesday. But I'm happy for that!

Andrew is now working on the densitometry of our western blots from last week. We should know soon if the silverstripe shiners show an NMDAR pattern more like their also mildly sexually dimorphic telescope shiner relatives, or more like their much more distant relatives the very sexually dimorphic scarlet shiners. And the winner is: ________.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home