Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm Entering "Exam 2" Territory

I feel like I'm in a passing lull today. I give my second exam to my two lecture sections of Intro Biology over the next two days, and exam 2 in Vertebrate Reproduction next week. That and some mercenary work I'm doing for a textbook publisher are distracting me from doing the edits on the black darter article. It's also apparent to me that the flame chub article is probably, really, at last ready for formal submission to Endangered Species Res., since I have the Google map set up and hosted on Kris' web site.

Andrew and Taito found a completely different kind of gill parasite in a telescope shiner last week. It seems to be a species in the genus Octomacrum, much bigger than Dactylogyrus with truly scary looking attachment hooks (haptors). From what we can tell, no one has ever reported finding this genus in Alabama, the closest points are Arkansas and West Virginia. Andrew has sent pictures to Cloutman in Minnesota to see what he thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home