Friday, January 15, 2010

Back To Bifax DNA, Maybe On To Providence, RI?

A new student at UAH, Joe, is going to work in the lab to reamplify and generally groom the bifax mtDNA we've tried to sequence. I received a new polymerase kit from New England BioLabs yesterday, so we're about ready to go. The trick is to further amplify, and then perform a linear amplification, kinda like we didn't do before. So hopefully this project is back on track in the midst of the neuroecology, parasites and driftnetting.

I've been thinking about going to the ASIH (Ichthyology) meeting this July in Providence, RI. I like to go to ASIH every coupla years, anyway, and I'm due. My immediate thought is to do a talk on our NMDAR findings, and a revved-up poster on Jennifer's 11-KT scarlet shiner work. I haven't been back to New England for years now, so Providence could be fun. It's an interesting old, well-lived-in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home