Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mailing My Spring Pygmy Sunfish Letter To USFWS

I'm mailing my letter to Janet Mizzi, director of the Southeast Region of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, asking for the Spring Pygmy Sunfish to receive emergency listing hearings under the Endangered Species Act. If you saw the edge of the species' habitat out along I-565 to the west of Huntsville you would too; the area is being bulldozed and leveled as a sewer line is put through. It's a typical redneck construction project with sagging mud fences and heavily silted streams, exactly what's guaranteed to kill of Spring Pygmy Sunfish in the only place they're found on the planet in Limestone County, Alabama. It could be whistling into the wind but I gotta do it. You should, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home