Thursday, July 21, 2011

A New Flowmeter Is On The Way

I've had an adventure the last two days trying to order a replacement flowmeter since I think we drowned the old one last Friday. I called Forestry Suppliers in Jackson, MS, to try to order one from them since I got the original one from them last September. It didn't show up on their on-line catalog, and the person I talked to on the phone wasn't familiar with it, nor were the available techs she asked; one finally said they used to carry it. So OK, I'll just order it from the Geopacks HQ in Devon, England. The Geopacks phone number wouldn't connect, although I could get their FAX phone, and I finally sent an email to their service department. They were willing to sell me one and ship it, but the lady I corresponded with found it odd that Forestry Suppliers didn't have one since Geopacks continues to ship to them. Geopacks called Forestry Suppliers, found out that they did indeed have this flowmeter, and they sent me an email with a name and number to call. The lady at Forestry Suppliers was apologetic, connected me to their sales line, and I ordered a new flowmeter just an hour ago that I should have early next week. Phew! We need it for going out to driftnet in the Flint next weekend on the new moon, and we're also due to run transects there for Brian's work. So all's well for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home