Monday, April 21, 2008

It Took Most Of The Day, But...

...I finally have access to my grant money. This means I'm on the university's finances & budget management website, the BANNER system. The people who manage various parts of the system are very nice, I just needed a more or less free day to walk around and talk to them. That's the modern American university; in my more cynical moments I try to come to grips with the reality that the beancounters have taken over. Now I can stop leeching off of other labs for material like ethidium bromide.

This Saturday we head back to the Tallapoosa. I think we'll go back to Elkahatchee Creek in Coosa County and see if we can find more stippled studfish. In February we caught one there, and I suspect that we can find more. If that goes well we'll hit some scattered sites in Tallapoosa County, and we should be about done with Tallapoosa County. That'll leave three sites in Elmore County to the south, and then I'll shift to surveying unexplored creeks in Cleburne County to the northeast. And, of course, we'll be doing DNA work in the lab, like all good gene jockeys do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home