Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back To Fish

The worst part of the second exam season is done. Without trying or meaning to, I smoked the intro classes with the exam on aerobic respiration, cellular structure & function, and osmosis & diffusion. Some of the students at least believed me when I told them weeks ago this would be the hardest exam. After giving back the exam tonight it was a bouncy crowd, like the two dudes in the back row giggling like geeks at a laptop. I speculated if anyone else would want to see what's on the screen, others thought it was funny. It's a little bit of the LSU-effect, some of them come in dumb and go out dumb. Oh well...

But with this behind me I'm back to fish stuff again. I did another round of editing on my flame chubs distribution map (http://www.krisstanton.com/stallsmith), putting in the occurrence rankings for each historic site I visited on the pop-up tags. I think it's finally, once and for all ready to resubmit to Engangered Species Res.. And of course, I hope they like it.

Tomorrow we're going out to Limestone Creek to make a monthly collection of scarlet shiners. We might not do this again for a while there, I think we'll be OK for now. But we will go back to Estill Fork next month on the new moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home